Saturday, 30 July 2016

Guest DT Meena - Mixed Media Altered Tissue Box

Bonjour Crafters, What's Happening? Today, we have such a beautiful and innovative tutorial by very hard-worker crafter, an Artist, an Jewellery artist and so much. I'm so much honored to introduce her on Rainbow Craftykari Blog, She is Meena Herale from Sunshine Creations by Meena!!

Over to you Meena

Hello friends, I'm Meena Herale from Shimoga, Karnataka. From childhood I was in love with Art & Crafts so I took it as my professional. To me craft is everything because I can express my feeling through it. I make greeting cards, soft toys, mixed media,, jewellery, scrapbook layout, decoupage, sospeso, quilling, hand embroidery, stocking flowers, etc. I learned all these by seeing in YouTube and books. You can visit my blog here and FB page here to see my works.

Today I'm very happy to be a guest DT for Rainbow Craftykari and my first online store to shop. Being differently-able person shopping for craft items was very difficult to me but one day (3 and half years back) while searching something in Facebook I saw a page and was happy because my crafting became easy, that page was Rainbow Craftykari.

Today I'm showing you how to alter a tissue box in simple mixed media technique.

Mixed Media Altered Tissue Box


Step by step photo tutorial.

Step 1
I took a MDF tissue box and gave a coat of gesso.


Step 2
I covered the tissue box with pattern paper using mod podge. Here I used My Golden Garden collection from Papericious.

Step 3
I colored the edges using Faber castell Gelatos. Next I created texture using stencils and texture paste. If you don't have Faber castell Gelatos then you can use distress ink pad to color the edges.


Step 4
I applied Distress spray stain and Dylusions ink spray randomly on it. When it started to dry I took a dry brush and gave more texture by giving some random stroke.

Step 5
Next applied Inka Gold on it randomly using little water.




Step 6
I took burlap paper from Papericious Naturals collection to make a faux lace to attach the box on all four sides.


Step 7
Finally I embellished the box with flat back, mulberry flowers, pearls, etc.. For leaves I cutted My Golden Garden papers. I used hot glue gun and glossy accent to glue the embellishment.





Final look of the altered box



Hope you liked it. If any doubts please feel free to ask.

Thank you
Meena Herale

Materials used-
My Golden Garden and Naturals collection from Papericious
Ranger texture paste
Flourish THS032 & Blocks THS059 from Tim Holtz layering stencil
Faber castell Gelatos
Dylusion ink spray - melted chocolate
Distress spray stain - vintage photo
Mulberry flowers & hot glue gun from Rainbow Craftykari store
Pearls & flat back from local store
Mod podge
Martha Stewart border punch
Ranger glossy accent

You can find all these products in Rainbow Craftykari Store.


9 comments: