Thursday 24 May 2018

Floral Wreath Inspiration by DT Spardha

Hi guys!
I am here today with another inspiration post for you. Making a floral wreath from old wires!

Okay, this was a long part-research and part-experiment project for me since I thought I had it. Man was I wrong!




Let me take you through my design process for the project first and inspire you to get over your mistakes and NEVER stop trying. Idea #01 for the wreath was to use some left-over AC tube {it's copper, so WOW! } Turns out we got one of our conditioners repaired and used up the tube.

Idea #02 was to use a thin floral wire. Mid-way through the project, it came apart since it was too flimsy. Idea #03 was to use left-over thick wires and YAY we have a winner!





I connected four pieces of wire to form a circle and painted them using chalk paint.

The letters have been cut out using a digital die cutting machine and suspended using twine.



Decorate it with flowers, leaves or seasonal decor and it's done! I left loads of negative space in mine since it goes up on my gallery wall with a bunch of frames.

Supplies used:
  • Thick wires (12" X 4pcs)
  • Glue Gun
  • Green Chalk Paint
  • Paper Flowers
  • Trims 
  • Twine
  • Black Cardstock for Letters
Most of the above-listed materials are available on the Rainbow Craftykari Store and can also be pre-ordered by sending an e-mail at rainbowcraftykari@gmail.com.
Do visit the Rainbow Craftykari store HERE



Visit our BLOG for more inspiration and tutorials

Hope this inspires you to make one of your own.

Happy Crafting!
Spardha















3 comments: