Wednesday 25 October 2017

Adventure Shadow Box by DT Monica

Hi everyone,

 

Monica, here  I am back with an inspiration post. I made a Mixed Media Shadowbox and I titled this "Adventure".




For this, I took an MDF square shadow box measuring 6*6". I sanded the box roughly and cleaned it. Next, I brushed it with Papericious Black Heavy Gesso. Once it dried, I  used a brick stencil with Prima sand texture paste to add some texture inside and outside of the box. I added embellishments and used a cardboard with twine around it and stuck it to the base. I again brushed everything with gesso, and once dry I started adding colours. I used Prima Art Alchemy Light Gold, Aged Bronze and some acrylic colours Burnt Sienna, Prussian Blue and White.


















Materials: 

  • Mdf shadow box
  • Mdf gear embellishments
  • Prima sand texture paste
  • Prima art alchemy waxes
  • Prima typo bulb
  • Brick stencil
  • Papericious heavy black gesso
  • Acrylic paints- Burnt Sienna, Prussian Blue, White, Yellow
  • Twine


All a
bove-mentioned products are available at the Rainbow Craftykari store or you can pre-order them by sending an e-mail to rainbowcraftykari@gmail.com

Hope my project inspires you!

 

Happy crafting
Mounika Koneru

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed by how beautifully you have incorporated the small little embellishments and make it look so rustic! Wonderful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've artistically layered every element beneath the photo. Real grungy and metallic look!
    - Khushboo Gandhi

    ReplyDelete