Thursday 14 June 2018

Oil Painting Inspiration by DT Saloni

Greetings Everyone,

How have you been?
It's me Saloni here, Today I have created a Texture painting to share with all of you. If you've ever spread icing on a cake, you have an idea of the texture possibilities when using a palette knife to create an oil painting.

Take a look



I started the canvas with roughly designing the picture that I wanted. Once done, I started adding colours to it. There are two ways of doing it:- Either you can add texture first and then colour it or you can colour the entire canvas and add texture accordingly. Choose a palette knife based on the shape, as different shapes will create different effects. The way you hold the knife, its angle to the canvas, the amount of paint on the blade and the direction you pull it through the paint on the surface, all add different effects. It's super easy and fun and with minimum products, you can achieve great textures.


Some more close up shots:






Material used:

  • Canvas
  • Oil painting
  • painting knife
  • Painting Brush

I hope I was able to inspire you all.
Keep Checking the space for some amazing inspiration from my fellow team members.

Visit our BLOG for more inspiration, tutorials and check out our ongoing challenge.

Do visit the Rainbow Craftykari store HERE

Have a nice day!
Happy Crafting
Saloni

No comments:

Post a Comment