I am back with another card for you'll. Today we'll be learning the masking and colouring technique to create a scene card!
This card is a simple one, it uses masking technique to create a scene. The important principle of this technique is that which ever image you would like to be at front create a mask for it. A mask is something that will cover the front image so that if you stamp anything over it, the stamp doesn't affect the front image but makes the second image look like it's behind the front image. Masking can seem somewhat confusing or difficult, but it is actually quite easy. Masks can be created from masking paper or smaller masks can be created using Post-it notes (which I'll be using) . If Post-it notes are used, be sure to stamp a part of the image over the tacky area as the adhesive will help to hold the mask in place.
For this card you'll need:(all measurements are in cms)
Cardstock (let me tell you a little about it)
For the card base, I usually use a heavy cardstock mostly 180 gsm or more. I initially used to check foreign blogs which gave dimensions and if I followed that I would either waste a lot of paper or would fall short of a few cms. We all know the A4 size paper (the Indian size which is similar to UK) it is usually 21x 30 cms, and that is the best size! Till you choose your favourite brand( Papericious and Neenah white, have different dimensions) I would suggest, that cut the A4 paper in half, length wise or breadth wise and score it in the middle to get a perfect sized card base which measures 10.5 x 15 cms.
- Cardstock- I have used Papericious 180 gsm (as this is not an exact A4 size sheet my dimensions are different from what I have told earlier) Base card 11.6 x 31 cms
- Papericious Pattern paper 11 x 15 cms
- Pink- Plaid Card panel 10.5 x 14.5
- Stamps (multiple stamps- to create a scene)
- Inks and colouring medium (distress inks and koi brush pens)
- Masking Paper/ Post-it notes
- Acrylic block
- Masking tape or washi tape
- Double sided tape
- Foam tape
- Embellishments (Stickles, Gossy accents, nuvo crystals- gloss white and sequins)