I am Kriti Mishra and I am very excited to be a part of Rainbow Craftykari design team, and this is my first post. Heartiest thanks to Maninder Kaur and entire Rainbow Crafykari team for this opportunity.
Today, I am here with a tutorial post. I have made a mixed media wall art and here's a sneak peak
1. Firstly take a watercolor paper, cover it with clear gesso and dry it with the heat gun.
2. After that take a regular tissue paper, crush it between your hands and tear it in small pieces. Now paste these small pieces over the paper (in a random manner) to make the first layer of texture, and prime it with white heavy gesso (apply gesso with a spatula to create an interesting texture). Now randomly add some thread to further create texture and cover it with gesso. Completely dry it with a heat gun.
3. Spray some water on the surface and spray the colours. Let them move around and blend. Stop when you get the desired shade.
4. After that use any background stamp ( I have used bubble stamp) to give a bit more contrast and to fill in a bit more of the open spaces.
5. Now embellish it in any way you like ( I embellished it with some burlap string, flowers, glass beads and sequins). Lastly, adorn it with a beautiful quote or a sentiment (I distressed the edges with distress ink). And its all done.
Some close- up pics
With this same technique, you can create different projects. Here are some more samples:
Canson watercolour paper
Gesso ( By Papericious)
Kaisercraft Stamp for sentiment
Hot glue gun
All the above-listed materials are available at Rainbow Craftykari store or you can pre-order them.
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial and do let me know if you try this out.