Friday 24 November 2017

DIY Pattern Paper and Gifting ideas Tutorial by DT Ishani

Hello everyone,

 

Haven't we all sometimes wished that our gifts be unique and custom made? Today I'll share with you how you could make a gift extra special with these handmade gift wrapping pattern paper ideas. 

 

Below is the list of material required before be begin the process.

 

Materials Required

  • Paper Sheets (120 gsm)
  • Stamps (of your choice)
  • Acrylic Block
  • Versamark ink
  • Embossing powder (EP)
  • Anti Static powder tool
  • Brush (to brush off stray EP)
  • Various colour Ink pads 
  • Heat Gun

1.   I started with the sheet of paper (120 gsm). I used a cake slice stamp and also the sentiment for this Pattern paper as I wanted to later turn it into a small box (with Origami) on a Birthday theme. I used few different colours to stamp the cake. Then, I used the eraser end of a pencil and put similar colour polka dots around, along with few gold embossed polka dots.





2.   I took a contrasting paper (120 gsm) and used the same eraser end of a pencil to heat emboss golden polka dots. I made sure to brush off extra powder as finger prints on the paper may attract embossing powder. I suggest, that as you work your way across the sheet keep using anti-static powder to keep static away.



 


3. Similarly, I used different stamps to create a pattern. For the snowflakes, I used white embossing powder and for paisley, I used champagne embossing powder. Pretty simple, right!





  



Favour box

With my pretty papers, I thought of making a favour box. The darker paper shall be the bottom part so the size of the two sheet varies by 0.5 cm. You can change dimensions, just remember that both the sheets are square with half a centimetre difference.

1. I took a sheet that measured 22x22 cms.


2. Folded it in half.

3. Folded again to make it a quarter fold.



4. Then I opened and brought the four edges together at the middle.



5. Then I bought the outer edges and folded at a 1/4th distance at all the sides.

 




6. Then I opened my folds, brought two opposite sides together and tucked in the two open opposite sides.





7. Tucked in both the sides and made edges of the box.





8. Similarly, I did with the bottom part, just that the size was 21.5 x 21.5 cms.

 



9. I assembled them together and my paper savour box was ready.

 






Gift bags

Materials used

  • A4 Sized Pattern paper
  • Glue
  • Punch
  • Ribbon


1. Firstly, I folded the sheet at two places at a distance of 2 cms, that is - on only one side length and breadth.



2. Then I folded the sheet at the middle, in half.



3. I stuck the folded end with Glue at the breadth side of the sheet.

 


4. Then, I folded up from the bottom at a distance of 4 cms.



5.  I opened the folded part and tucked-in the sides as shown in the picture.




6. Then, I folded the upper and the lower flaps and made them overlap at the middle. Later, I stuck the flaps together with the glue.


7.  At the length, I folded the bag at about 3 cms and made a good crease.




8.  Now,  I punched the holes and put the ribbon through it for the handles.







I did a similar bag with the snowflakes pattern paper too.




Hope you will try to do something similar, and put to use your stamps in this creative way. All the  material mentioned above are available at Rainbow Craftykari Store and you can also pre-order by sending an e-mail to rainbowcraftykari@gmail.com

Happy Crafting

Ishani

8 comments: