Friday 17 March 2017

Revamp Old Chocolate Tray Into Home Décor by DT Pavitra

Hello My dear crafty friends there!!!


I'm pavitra here and welcome to rainbow craftykari’s blog. Our first challenge“ Revamp your Scrap is up on the blog and details can be find out here.


For today I have a chocolate tray (which I got with a wedding invite) revamped into a home décor piece.




Have a Look

 

 

For this altered piece I used prima’s newly launched waxes and patina effect paste and I really enjoyed working with them. They are super easy to work with and instantly glam up any project.





Instructions

  1. I removed the cloth covering and Cut chip board sheet in the shape of huts and placed them next to each other. For adding more texture, I covered them up with MDF, lace, corrugated sheet and metal embellishment.

  2. For the tree I soaked gauge in Sculpting medium and placed it on right side corner of the tray in the form of tree. Next I Placed mulberry flower and broken clay embellishment on the branches of tree.

  3. Placed metal butterfly next to the tree.

  4. Once the entire placement is done, gave the entire tray few coats of black gesso.

  5. Later I dry brushed art alchemy antique brilliance wax – amethyst randomly on the entire frame. After that I dry brushed blue and green paste from finnabair patina effect paste randomly on the entire frame and finish off with few strokes of brass paste from finnabair patina effect paste.

  6. Die cut word – home and sponged it with art alchemy – antique brilliance red amber and pasted with glue as shown.

     




Hope you have fun going through the post.

Don’t forget to participate in the challenge you have time till 31st March. Here is the link to the challenge post.

Supplies used

Finnabair black gesso

Finnabair patina effect paste

Finnabair Sculpting medium

Finnabair art alchemy antique brilliance wax – amethyst magic & red amber

MDF cut outs

Chipboard

Metal embellishments

Alphabet die

Above listed Materials are available at Rainbow Craftykari Store or you can pre-order to them by sending an email at rainbowcraftykari@live.com.

Regards
Pavitra
https://www.facebook.com/paperfinesse/

5 comments: