Friday 18 August 2017

Altered MDF Box by DT Priyanka Thukral

Hello Everyone, :)


I am at Rainbow Craftykari Blog today to share my very first inspiration post as the DT member for Rainbow Craftykari. I am Elated..!! and I hope to stand up to the expectations laid down on me.


Today I have an Altered MDF wooden box to share as a part of my inspiration project.
Altered MDF projects have been my favorites since forever & no wonder I begin my term with one of these.

 

Here is the complete picture of my project



For this project, I picked up a hexagonal MDF box (another current favourite of mine.. :P ) I began with painting the base with gesso which works as a primer (tip: Gesso creates a coat on the base of the wooden material that holds the paint otherwise the wood absorbs the colour).


Next, I painted the box with blue acrylic colour. I chose coordinating patterned papers from Eno Greetings paper pack, cut them to the desired size & distressed them on the edges. For the cover, I cut the paper from one end to the centre point & rolled the two sides on the opposite sides.

On the exposed part of the base, I added glitter using stickles in the coordinating colour & a word tile over it. On the other part, I added a resin oval frame & sequins in the middle of it & adorned it with the resin flowers & bows.
On the sides, I again used stickles in the same colour to give an embossed look (I love how they look like tiny droplets resting on the edge) & added rhinestones to lift up the whole look.

and tada..!! the box is done... :)

The box is perfect to gift a watch to someone or keep it on your dresser as a jewellery box, can be used in multipurpose ways.

Check out some more close up pictures

 








Supplies Used: 

  • Mdf hexagonal shaped box
  • Gesso by Camel
  • Blue Acrylic paint by Fevicryl
  • Eno Greetings- Pattern Papers
  • Word Tile
  • Resin frame - Oval
  • Resin flowers
  • Bow
  • Stickles(aqua colour)
  • Rhinestones
  • Distress Ink
  • Glossy Accents

Above-mentioned products are available at Rainbow Craftykari store or you can also pre-order by sending an email at rainbowcraftykari@gmail.com

Don't forget to participate in our ongoing challenge Rainbow Friendship. Link your projects here.

Hope you liked my project!


Priyanka Thukral

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful alteration Priyanka :) So pretty it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Loved the colors so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Priyanka...Learnt a lot just reading this tutorial, and love the final product! If you don't mind can I make a suggestion? Can you also please post pictures after each step is done? (eg: what it should look like after gesso has been applied). It would help in understanding the steps much better, especially for newbies like me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Monisha ��
      Thankyou so much �� I will definitely do it.. will do another tutorial post with pictures for each step ����
      Thankyou once again for the lovely fredback ��

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning.. beautiful colours too!

    ReplyDelete